Trustee George Clay gave a message in chapel today about living well, according to cowboys. Here are some of his main points.
- What you do is determined by who you are.
- No person can consistently behave in a way which is inconsistent with who they believe themselves.
- There’s a bit of cowboy in all of us.
- Cowboys symbolize honor, integrity and trustworthiness.
- Human behavior is controlled from inside, not outside.
- Live each day with courage
- Take pride in your work. Anything worth doing well is worth doing well the first time.
- Always finish what you start. Don’t take on everything; you can’t do it all.
- Do what needs doing. Do whatever it takes to protect your honor and integrity.
- Be tough but fair.
- When you make a promise, keep it.
- Ride for the brand. Give allegiance and respect where it’s deserved.
- Learn to talk less and say more. Be doers, let your actions speak the loudest.
- Remember that the best things in life aren’t for sale.
- Know where to draw the line.